Mezzmo for Kodi User Guide
The Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on lets you integrate Mezzmo server into Kodi, a free and open-source media player software application developed by the XBMC Foundation. Kodi is a very popular media player and media center application that plays videos, music and photos. Kodi runs on Android, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS, and Windows platforms, and can be downloaded from https://kodi.tv/download/.
Benefits of using the Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on
By default, Kodi can connect to media servers like Mezzmo, but it only provides basic browsing & streaming features. By installing the Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on into your Kodi setup, you can take your media center theater experience to the next level.
The Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on provides the following benefits:
- Stream and play movies, TV shows, home movies, music and photos in Kodi from Mezzmo server.
- View full text metadata, posters and backdrops from Mezzmo server.
- Play and resume videos.
- Share resume points between other devices through the Mezzmo server.
- List files in the sort order from Mezzmo server.
- Default view modes for movies, TV shows and others.
- Use right-click context menu to search Mezzmo server for specific videos, music or photos.
- Enter PIN code to bypass Mezzmo server content rating restrictions.
Installing the Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on into your Kodi setup
- In Windows Explorer, browse to your Mezzmo program folder (typically C:\Program Files\Conceiva\Mezzmo or C:\Program Files (x86)\Conceiva\Mezzmo).
- Locate the Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on ZIP file in the KodiAddOn sub-folder of your Mezzmo program folder. The Add-on ZIP file is called plugin.video.mezzmo.zip.
- Copy this file onto a USB flash drive and plug the USB flash drive into the device that Kodi is on.
- In Kodi, go to Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file.
- Select the plugin.video.mezzmo.zip file from your USB flash drive and click OK.
- Wait for Kodi to notify you when the add-on is installed and enabled.
- You can now use the Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on!
Auto-starting the Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on when Kodi starts
If you would like the Mezzmo Add-on automatically started when Kodi is started, you can create an autoexec.py file and place this file in your Kodi userdata folder (see http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata).
The autoexec.py file must contain the following lines:
import xbmc xbmc.executebuiltin("RunAddon(plugin.video.mezzmo)")
Mezzmo for Kodi Screenshots
Select your Mezzmo server on your home network.
View all text metadata, poster and backdrop artwork for movies.
View all text metadata, poster and backdrop artwork, episode and season information for TV shows.
View details about your files, including full description, content rating, genres, actors, etc.
Source code for the Mezzmo For Kodi Add-on can be found at https://github.com/Conceiva/MezzmoKodiPlugin